Clear out the rest of your week. Tell your boss you need a few personal days and possibly Monday to recoup. It’s the eve of the Virtual Crunchyroll Expo (V-CRX) August 5-7. We’re excited for a little more than a weekend of all things anime, pop-culture, music, manga, Japanese culture, and more coming our way!
Crunchyroll is bringing together the global anime community to celebrate the beautiful art form of anime through guest panels, premieres, performances and more. There’s so much content planned for this year’s event that, in addition to four live stages for three days, fans worldwide can view panels 24 hours a day until 10 PM PT on August 9 in the Video on Demand section. This year, fans will be welcomed back to New Crunchy City and can expect:
- An incredible lineup of guests including voice actors and creative staff from Black Clover, JUJUTSU KAISEN, My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X, The Rising of the Shield Hero and To Your Eternity among many others.
- World premieres including the original anime series SAKUGAN, Restaurant to Another World 2 and the new OVA for Crunchyroll Original TONIKAWA: Over the Moon for You ~SNS~!
- First looks at Fena: Pirate Princess, a Crunchyroll and Adult Swim Original, ORIENT, The Night Beyond the Tricornered Window and In the Land of Leadale, alongside Crunchyroll Original High Guardian Spice, which will make a special appearance in the Crunchyroll Industry panel.
- An extensive slate of panels including The Making of Blade Runner: Black Lotus, an upcoming Crunchyroll and Adult Swim Original, Professional Athletes of Anime panel including Defensive End Ifeadi Odenigbo of the New York Giants and Defensive Tackle Larry Ogunjobi of the Cincinnati Bengals, and fireside conversations with voice actors Junya Enoki (JUJUTSU KAISEN, Girlfriend, Girlfriend) and Zeno Robinson (My Hero Academia), just to name a few.
- The return of Crunchyroll-Hime’s Cosplay cup, which includes 41 finalists from 8 different countries including Australia, Brazil, Japan, Trinidad, and more, all vying for the top spot.
- A showcase from Crunchyroll Games on the latest titles, partnerships, launches and more including special guests from Princess Connect! Re: Dive, Mitrasphere, and Grand Summoners.
- Musical performances by 7 Billion Dots, Burnout Syndromes, MAGIC OF LiFE, Rhythmic Toy World, and TeddyLoid.
- Concerts featuring music from The Rising of The Shield Hero and Tower of God
This exciting programming will be featured within Virtual Crunchyroll Expo’s immersive digital convention experience, allowing fans to enjoy and explore New Crunchy City. Each online city district represents the areas that fans are used to enjoying at live conventions including:
- The Theater District featuring more than 100 hours of content across 4 live-streaming stages. Video on Demand will also be available for 5 days, with select content available in 7 languages.
- The Super Arcade will house fan activations and activities like galleries for TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy– and The aquatope on white sand, alongside Crunchyroll’s fan-favorite celebrity-inspired anime art gallery.
- The Anime Arts District will feature V-CRX’s online artist alley where fans can purchase directly from artists around the world.
- The Central Shopping District featuring tons of shopping experiences!
Registration is free and open now for fans worldwide at expo.crunchyroll.com. Register now to catch action, announcements, special guests, and more.